The new guarantee of security for world travelers
As travelers get back on track to continue discovering the world, many destinations, hotels, and experiences find it necessary to guarantee the safety of their visitors. That is why the Safe Travels certification from the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) will be a crucial standard for the tourism industry, as it will ensure the correct return of travel to this new normal. In this post, we want to answer your doubts about this certification and its importance for Grupo Xcaret and the world.
What is the Safe Travels certification?
The tourism industry had to adapt to all the changes caused by the COVID-19 pandemic to guarantee the safety of travelers before, during, and after visiting their destination. That’s why the World Health Organization and the World Travel and Tourism Council developed a set of safety protocols called Safe Travels. This certification monitors the correct application of all established hygiene and sanitation protocols, which will be updated as this global contingency develops.
How to apply for a Safe Travels certification?
For a destination or attraction to apply for the Safe Travels certificate, it needs to comply with four pillars:
- Operational and Staff Preparedness: To ensure that attractions can optimize operational quality and delivery, as well as having trained staff to prepare and execute the operational plans.
- Ensuring a Safe Experience: To deliver a safe experience for their staff and their guests through enhanced cleanliness and hygiene best practices.
- Rebuild trust and confidence: To enhance trust and confidence through transparency and communication with their visitors.
- Implement appropriate policies: To enable policies and implement them at a governmental level.
Currently, this certification is available to tour operators, aviation, airports, hotels, outdoor businesses, attractions, short-term rental industry, car rental, and convention centers.
What does it guarantee to have a Safe Travels certification?
Having the Safe Travels certification implies that you are visiting a destination, a hotel, or an attraction that has concluded with the different operational and administrative adjustments and has taught all its staff how to implement the different necessary protocols to operate in this new normality.
An excellent example of these practices is Grupo Xcaret’s 360° Xafety protocol guide with which the safety and well-being of visitors and coworkers are guaranteed.
Read more about 360° Xafety
What places in Mexico are certified with Safe Travels?
When this new certification in the tourism sector was released, many national destinations applied and followed all the established rules to obtain it. Some of these destinations are Cozumel, Baja California Sur, the Mexican Caribbean, Riviera Nayarit, Oaxaca, Campeche, Cancun, Jalisco, Yucatán, Tabasco, Tamaulipas and of course Grupo Xcaret with its parks, tours, and Hotel Xcaret México.
As you will see, this new certification will be the indicator that helps the travelers decide where to enjoy their next vacation and which will guarantee a safe experience at their destination. That is why at Grupo Xcaret we are very excited to receive you with all the hygiene and sanitation measures to ensure that you and your family have the best experiences in Cancun and Riviera Maya.
- How does traveling to Xcaret in Mexico under “the new normal” looks like
- This is how Xel-Há looks like under “the new normal”
- How is the adventure under “the new normal” at Xplor Park