You fell in love with Xel-Há and now that you’re planning on visiting, you’re full of doubts?
We’ve got you!
It’s not easy to sum up the experience at Xe-Há in 15 questions, but here it is. This water park is completely family-friendly and is distinguished by its all-inclusive admission and its unique water activities. Suffice to say that it’s known as a Mexican “Natural Wonder”, to know that the crush is almost immediate and yes, it sticks for life. Read on to discover the frequently asked questions about Xel-Há, a Caribbean destination.
- Is Xe-Há open?
- Where is Xel-Há located?
- What does my ticket to Xel-Há include?
- Do I need to know how to swim to participate in Xel-Há’s activities?
- More about the Scenic Lighthouse: how deep is the pool at the end of the slides?
- Which are the optional activities available?
- Are there any activities for children at Xel-Há?
- Is there a membership for Xel-Há? (Annual pass)
- Promotions to visit Xel-Há
- What type of food will I find at the restaurants of Xel-Há?
- Will I see animals in their natural habitat during my visit to Xel-Há?
- If I’m staying at Hotel Xcaret México, do I have to make a reservation?
- In this new normal, are all activities open?
- Does the snorkel equipment have an extra cost?
- Which safety protocols are being applied inside Xel-Há due to COVID-19?
1. Is Xel-Há open?
Yes! Xel-Há has already reopened its doors and you can visit it Tuesday to Sunday, from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. We recommend you purchase your tickets in advance because, as part of the 360° Xafety model (which we’ll discuss in depth later), the park has a limited capacity.
Note: You can still buy your tickets at the park’s booths, but it is important to take into account the limited capacity.
2. Where is Xel-Há located?
The Natural Wonder Xel-Há is located in the heart of Riviera Maya, Mexico. More specifically: 110 km (about 70 miles) from Cancun, 9 km (about 6 miles) from Tulum archaeological site and 48 km (about 30 miles) from Playa del Carmen. You can get the fastest route from your current location here.
3. What does my ticket to Xel-Há include?
This is the part where we get excited about the all-inclusive ticket. This is very high on the list of frequently asked questions about Xel-Há, as a day at this Natural Wonder includes all of the above:
- Unlimited snorkel
- Unlimited food and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Scenic Lighthouse and waterslides
- World of Adventure: zip-lines, five-meter-high jumps
- Hikes through jungle paths
- Cenotes and coves
- The Meliponary and Nursery
- Special activities for kids at the Children’s Playground
- Resting areas with lounge chairs and hammocks
- Bicycles, snorkel equipment, life jackets, inner tubes, bicycles
- Restrooms, changing rooms, showers, lockers and a towel
- Free parking
… and more!
4. Do I need to know how to swim to participate in Xel-Há’s activities?
No, you can enter the river even if you don’t know how to swim, you’ll be safe thanks to the life jackets and many even choose to travel aboard the inner tubes. The great advantage is that a gentle current that will guide your way.
To slide off the slides of the Scenic Lighthouse, it’s mandatory to know how to swim, as well as for some optional activities such as Power Xnorkel. In that case, check out Sea Trek Discover, an underwater walk where you don’t need to know how to swim.
5. More about the Scenic Lighthouse: how deep is the pool at the end of the slides?
Here are some helpful facts about the impressive Scenic Lighthouse…
- The 360° Lighthouse is 131 ft high
- The waterslides are open and they are 131 ft high too
- The natural pool in which you land is 3.9 ft
- There are lifeguards ready to assist you at the base
- It’s necessary to know how to swim to go down the waterslides
- If you’re only going up to enjoy the view, you can only take your shoes and locker key (no cell phones or action cameras)
- If you’re going to go down the slides, it’s necessary that you leave all your belongings in the lockers that we have available at the beginning of the activity
- The slides are individual and you cannot wo down with vests
- Maximum weight: 275 lbs (125 kg)
- Minimum height: 3.5 ft (1.05 m)
- Children should always be accompanied by an adult
- The activity could be suspended due to weather conditions (electric storms)
6. Which are the optional activities available?
Original and incredible, these activities are perfect to rediscover adventure:
- Sea Trek Discover: an underwater walk among colorful fish.
- Adrenaline: do you enjoy speed? Adrenaline is for you! 360° spins and immersions into the Caribbean.
- Snuba Cenote/Inlet: the perfect combination between snorkel and diving. Explore the inlet or the fresh cenotes, easily; no previous experience needed!
- Power Xnorkel: elevate your snorkeling experience by taking control of a powerful jet that will allow you to move through the water.
- Zip-Bike: this aerial bike will take you through caves and thick jungle, at 23 ft high!
- Ray Encounter: if you love marine life, don’t miss out on the opportunity to interact with these majestic creatures.
- Manatee Encounter: get a closer look at these gentle and kind creatures as you swim with them in their natural habitat.
- Swim with Dolphins: learn and interact with the most loved and intelligent mammals.
- Spa Xel-Há: Put yourself in the hands of a professional therapist and relax in this holistic experience.
Note: some activities like the Ray and the Manatee Encounters, may not be available as part of the 360° Xafety model.
Remember that, in order to book these activities, you must purchase your ticket to the park first. Take your printed coupons and as soon as you arrive, confirm your reservation to select the time that best suits your itinerary.
7. Are there any activities for children at Xel-Há?
There’s a space specially designed for the little ones called Children’s World. Here you will find a wading pool, playground with slides, climbing ropes, seesaw, crocodile tunnel, hanging games and fun photo characters. They can also enjoy more artistic activities such as painting and drawing.
Right here you will find a resting area, so that parents can relax while taking care of their children.
8. Is there a membership for Xel-Há? (Annual pass)
No, the Annual Pass for Quintana Roo residents is only available for Xcaret Park. Learn more about the card Soy Xcaret, here.
9. Promotions to visit Xel-Há
Luckily, there are many ways to save! Find one that fits you best:
Visit our official promotions page to know our seasonal deals or call our Contact Center to request information about interest-free card payments.
If you want us to notify you of new offers, don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter.
10. What type of food will I find at the restaurants of Xel-Há?
Great question! As a good Mexican, food plays a huge role in my vacations. Here you have a little guide:
- Xula Vista: a delicious and vast international buffet in which you’ll be able to find anything from fresh fruit and juices to hot cakes, chilaquiles, and all types of eggs. A breakfast for the kings! Open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The Terrace: here you’ll find snacks such as burgers and pizza, much more casual food, but just as tasty. As a new safety measure, the restaurant remains closed, but find its menu at Xula Vista, starting from 12:30 p.m.
- La Cocina del Pueblo: the favorite of our Mexican food lovers. Here you’ll taste the most delicious national stews (cochinita pibil, chicken with mole, etc.), ceviches and yummy desserts. Open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Note: remember that as part of the 360° Xafety model, the buffet is now assisted. Approach the food bar with a mask and a member of our team will be ready to serve you.
11. Will I see animals in their natural habitat during my visit to Xel-Há?
Yes, you should be prepared for some encounters with specimens of wildlife: iguanas, coatis, pelicans, rays, hermit crab, barracudas and other colorful fish. The natural behavior of these is friendly and they don’t represent any risk to our visitors. However, it’s advisable to keep your distance, avoid feeding them and always be alert so you don’t trip or harm any of them.
If you have any questions about animal welfare, you can consult our conservation team.
12. If I’m staying at Hotel Xcaret México, do I have to make a reservation?
Yes! The All Fun-Inclusive® gives you incredible benefits such as access to all Grupo Xcaret parks and tours, but some require a reservation and Xel-Há is one of them. Check-in, coordinate your visit with your concierge, and voilá!
13. In this new normal, are all activities open?
Yes! All the activities of your all-inclusive ticket are available, with the exception of the kite flight and the guided tours.
As we already mentioned, some optional activities may be temporarily suspended.
14. Does the snorkel equipment have an extra cost?
No, snorkeling equipment (mask, fins, and breathing tube) is included in your ticket. The mask and fins go through a disinfection process between uses, while the tube is single-use and can be taken home as a souvenir. Ready for unlimited snorkeling!
15. Which safety protocols are being applied inside Xel-Há due to COVID-19?
The 360° Xafety model has 4 main pillars:
- Health and care processes: disinfection
- Carrying capacity and seating: distancing
- Control measures: People centered
- Quality hygiene processes: Food and beverage
To tell you in detail about each of these pillars, we dedicated an entire Xcaret Blog to them! Learn how these measures are applied within the park.
We hope that this blog, in addition to solving your doubts, has convinced you even more to live this natural experience. Don’t forget to visit the official Xel-Há web page to book your entrances or follow its social media for more travel inspiration. Get ready for an unforgettable day…