5 Refreshing Drinks That You Have to Learn to Prepare This Summer
Learn to mitigate the heat of summer
Summer can be a very hot season of the year and even more if you find yourself in tropical places, that is why we share with you 5 refreshing drink recipes that will help you survive this time of year.
1.- Watermelon lemonade
Perfect to stay hydrated during this summer heat. It is a diuretic drink also helps with eliminating liquids.
To begin we share what you will need:
- 1 cup of lemon juice (3 oz).
- 1 slice of watermelon without seeds.
- 6 tablespoons of sugar (90 g) or 3 sachets of some artificial sweetener.
- ¼ glass of mineral water.
- Remove the seeds and the rind from the watermelon.
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and put them into the blender.
- Add lemon juice, mineral water and sugar to the mixture and then liquefy.
- Serve with ice.
2.- Cucumber-mint water
The cucumber has a lot of water, so it is ideal for staying hydrated, and it is not a sweet fruit.
Here we share what you will need to prepare this drink.
- 5 cups of mineral water.
- 1 cup of lemon juice.
- 1 peeled and seedless cucumber.
- 6 mint leaves.
- Sugar or artificial sweetener (as much as you’d like).
- Blend the cucumber with the mint leaves and a cup of plain water.
- Serve in a jar.
- Add the 5 cups of mineral water and sugar.
- Mix and add ice.
- Serve with slices of cucumber.
If you are one of those who like refreshing drinks, but with a touch of alcohol, we have three drinks for you that we are sure you will love:
3.- Tropical sangria
This tropical sangria combines sweet white wine with rum and pieces of fruit such as oranges, strawberries and pineapples, perfect for keeping you fresh for the summer time. This cocktail is recommended to be served very cold, so we recommend preparing it in advance.
- 25oz of white wine.
- 4oz of rum.
- 16oz of pineapple juice.
- 2oz of orange juice.
- 2 tea spoons of honey.
- ½ cup of strawberries cut into small pieces.
- ½ cup of pineapple cut into small pieces.
- 1 orange cut into slices.
- Add all the ingredients in a jar, stir it all carefully and let the drink cool for a couple of hours. Serve very cold.
4.- Strawberry mojito
This is one of our favorite drinks for this hot season because it’s very refreshing, fresh and not so sweet.
- 1.6oz of rum.
- 1.6oz of mineral water.
- ½ lemon.
- 6 or 7 mint leaves.
- 3 strawberries in pieces.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- In a shaker, muddle limes, mint leaves, strawberries, and honey until pulverized. Add rum and ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour all the contents into a glass and top it all off with two ounces of mineral water. Stir it all together and garnish the mojito with more mint leaves.
5.- Tropical peach
Enjoy summer with one of the easiest drinks to prepare, which you will love for its great tasting flavor and freshness.
- 3 cut peaches.
- 6 red berries.
- 1 tablespoon of honey or sugar.
- 1.6oz of peach vodka.
- ½ cup of lemon juice.
- 1.6oz of white wine.
- Add peaches, sugar, vodka, lemon juice, blackberries and white wine to a jar.
- Let the mixture rest for eight hours (or ideally overnight).
- Serve and enjoy!
Are you about to visit the destination? We recommend you read:
Since now you know how to prepare these refreshing drinks, are you ready for summer?
Communicologist by profession, loves photography, rowing, wine, chocolate and spending time with family.