The Riviera Maya Natural Wonder will host the Triathlon National Championship Xel-Ha 2014
We are very happy to announce that this 2014 we will celebrate our twentieth anniversary with the news that the Xel-Ha Park was selected by the Mexican Triathlon Federation (FMTRI) to host the National Championship categories Age for 2014, which will involve the best triathletes in the country together with those who want to live this great experience.
Triathletes who have direct pass to the registration are the winners of the 2013 National Circuit, the first places of the 2013 Xel-Ha Triathlon and the 2014 National Circuit competitors who are looking for their qualification for the World Cup in Edmonton through 11 qualifying events.
The Sprint, Children, and Women Beginners modalities of the Xel-Ha Triathlon will take place on November 16, 2014.
As in previous years, the 2014 Xel-Ha Triathlon will open the Women Beginners category for those women who choose to complete their first triathlon. Their challenge consist of 400m swim, 10km bike and 2.5km run.
The categories for Children’s Triathlon will be:
- 9, 10 and 11 year old female and male (150m swim, 4km bike and 1 mile run)
- 12 and 13 year old female and male (300m swim, 8km bike and 1.5km run)
- 14-15 year old female and male (400m swim, 10km bike and 2.5km run)
The age categories of the Sprint mode, all with the challenge of completing 750m swim, 20km bike and 5km run will be:
- 16 to 17 years female and male
- University 18 to 24 years female and male
- 25 to 29 years female and male
- 30 to 34 years female and male
- 35 to 39 years female and male
- 40 to 44 years female and male
- 45 to 49 years female and male
- 50 to 54 years female and male
- 55 to 59 years female and male
- 60 years and older female and male
- Relay SMW (mixed)
Registration for direct triathletes: from 23 June to 15 August 2014.
Opening of registration for the raffle and sale for the Mexican Red Cross Benefit Dinner: August 18, 2014.
End of registration for the raffle: September 29, 2014.
Raffle: August 30, 2014.
Registration opens for Triathlon: September 1, 2014.
Closing date for entries: September 19, 2014.
Olympic Triathlon: Saturday, November 15, 2014.
Sprint, Children and Women Beginners: Sunday, November 16, 2014.
Dinner to Benefit the Mexican Red Cross: Sunday, November 16, 2014
Registration fee according to category:
- From 9 to 15 years $600
- Sprint $1,000
- Olympic $1.200
- Sprint Relay $1,800
- Olympic Relay $2,000
- Elite $1,500
- Women Beginners $1,600
- Disabilities $ 700
Content creator who loves to travel in style, take pictures and be surrounded by nature. Writing blogs has become part of your lifestyle.