Different ways you can support the Tortugaton from your social networks.
Tortugaton is more than a baby turtle release, it is an awareness and fundraising campaign for the Sea Turtle Conservation Program in Quintana Roo, Mexico; carried out by Flora, Fauna y Cultura de México A.C.
Thanks to the support of Fiesta Americana Vacation Club, Dreams Tulum, Toyota, Energizer, Hotel Nueva Vida de Ramiro, Playa Paradise and Big Ideas, 5750 sea turtles will be released.
You can also support the cause from your social networks, remember that for each post using the Hashtag #Tortugaton on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram and Vine, Xcaret and Xel-Ha will donate $1MXN for the Sea Turtle Conservation Program.
Each social network is unique, so you can share different content through each one of them. Here are some tips on how to use them:
- Remember that you can only use 140 characters in Twitter so we recommend you write some good wishes for sea turtles using the HT # Tortugaton.
- Add the official campaign twibbon to your profile picture on Twitter and Facebook, you can do it here: http://bit.ly/tw-tortugaton. Help us spread the word and invite your friends to join #Tortugaton.
- Take pictures with your smartphone of sea turtles art, toys, or anything you like and share them on Instagram, tag them with HT # Tortugaton.
- Have you participated in a baby turtle release? Write us your experience on Facebook (don’t forget to use the HT #Tortugaton).
- A very creative option is Vine. Record short videos (6 seconds) from your phone and share them using # Tortugaton.
- If you like gifs, you can share them on Google Plus, a fun way to learn about sea turtles.
- Make a drawing where you demonstrate your love for turtles, take a picture of it and upload it to your network. (Remember to always use the HT # Tortugaton while sharing it).
Last but not least, we invite you to participate in the contests that our ally sponsor Fiesta Americana Vacation Club are holding, you can read more here: http://bit.ly/xcfav-of
Let your imagination run wild and support this noble cause, help the sea turtles get home.
Content creator who loves to travel in style, take pictures and be surrounded by nature. Writing blogs has become part of your lifestyle.