We spoke with Bob Campbell
The creator of Barracuda; the whitewater rapids at Xavage ParkXavage is the new adventure park of the destination created for all those adrenaline lovers. It has six activities that will make you take your life to the limit by land, water, and air. It is located in Cancun, on the Chetumal-Puerto Juarez highway, km 338, Benito Juárez, Quintana Roo, 5 minutes from the Cancun International Airport. It is exactly at the same location as Xoximilco Park.
Before you embark on the fast rivers, here’s a little about each of the activities at Xavage:Enjoy our rope circuit at Monkeys, an activity of four different levels with 15 obstacles each. Let your hands and feet take control behind the steering wheel of an all-terrain vehicle with Puma. Enjoy gliding through the air with Hawk and experience the 360 ° turns at Dragonfly. Go through canals in the jungle aboard a kayak with Crocodile and finally, conquer the only fast rivers of Cancun and the Riviera Maya with Barracuda.
The Rivers designed by Bob Campbell
Who is Bob Campbell?He was the circuit and creations designer at the Olympic Games of the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Games. He is currently recognized worldwide and is currently working for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games. He’s also the owner and CEO of Whitewater Parks. It is an international consortium of industry experts that offers complete services to support projects and fundamental knowledge to develop and operate state-of-the-art whitewater sports facilities.
Nine fun facts you should know about Barracuda1.- It is an aquatic category activity that consists of descending on a raft through artificial level three whitewater rapids caused by a turbine system. These are made with a Korean technology which allows you to tame strong currents. 2.- The rafts are designed to support a capacity of six people and to overcome obstacles without difficulties.
Tips to enjoy the activity of the whitewater rapids in Xavage to the fullest:
- Do not forget to pay close attention and follow the instructions of your guide during the activities, also remember to always wear your safety helmet and life jacket at all times.
- The total duration of this activity is a time of 45 minutes, you will also have to watch an instructional video for your own safety.
- Remember that our guides are rafting specialists and they are the ones who will always accompany and guide you during this experience.
- Do not worry about what might happen, the rafts are specially designed to withstand any damage during obstacles and are constantly checked for safety measures.
- There are always lifeguards who are on the lookout for any mishaps that may happen during the activity.
Extrovertida por naturaleza, amo hacer reír y disfrutar momentos en familia. Me gusta plasmar momentos únicos en fotos, convivir con animales y dejarme llevar para disfrutar la vida.