2 recipes to prepare Mexican Christmas Punch
The Grinch hated Christmas but loved Grandma Green Punch
This smells delicious!
Christmas gears begin to roll. It’s time to say goodbye to the Day of the Dead to welcome one of the most important seasons of the year.
It’s time to enjoy, share with friends and family. In Mexico, we celebrate Christmas with a traditional Piñata,, many Posadas, decorating the house and the Christmas Tree with colors and lights, singing carols, but above all: enjoying a delicious dinner. We’re already savoring a juicy turkey and a hot cup of Mexican Christmas Punch.
We have two of the grandmother’s precious recipes to prepare the perfect punch, let’s do it!
- 17 oz of peeled sugar cane
- 17 oz of tejocotes
- 17 oz of guava
- 1 Cup prunes
- 1 Cup raisins.
- Cinnamon stick
- 1 Cup of hibiscus
- Brown sugar stick
- Add 5 liters of water in a pot, then add a brown sugar stick and a cinnamon stick.
- Add the previously washed fruit, guavas (cut in half), tejocotes, a peeled sugar cane and the prunes.
- Let it boil over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- As it boils, add the hibiscus: it’ll give the punch a sweet flavor. Add the raisins.
- After 15 minutes boiling over low heat check the fruit has the ideal cooking. Make sure it doesn’t dissolve or overheat.
- The Traditional Mexican Christmas Punch is ready!
Hey wait, this is not finished yet!
If the Christmas Grinch you want to be, GREEN PUNCH you should drink.
- 4 Lemon Tea leaves
- 6 Green pears
- 1 Cup yellow raisins
- 1 Bottle of apple liqueur
- Bunch of green grapes
- 6 green apples
- Wash all fruit, cut apples and pears in slices.
- Add about 5 liters of water in a pot, add the lemon tea leaves with sugar.
- As it boils, add the pears, apples and grapes. Let them cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the apple liqueur, depending on how sweet you want the punch. Add the yellow raisins.
- Turn off the fire and enjoy this delicious Grinch Punch!
Tell us, what is your favorite drink for Christmas?